Area rugs are a great addition to a room, especially one with hardwood or tile flooring. However, they can often be tricky or annoying to clean. Here are some cleaning tips that will help keep your rugs looking brand-new.
- Vacuum frequently: This way, dirt won’t become embedded in the rug. Vacuum the bottom of the rug, too, to really keep it clean!
- Spot-clean: Instead of washing the whole thing, take a bit of time to blot away or clean drip and drops as they happen. Make sure not to rub in a circle- that can damage the rug.
- Use a stiff brush to brush out pet hair.
- If the rug isn’t too large, shake it out once in a while to remove dirt and hair.
- Take the rug to a professional rug cleaner every year or year and a half for a deep cleaning.