- By Admin
- In Chicago Laminate Floors
- Tags chicago flooring company, chicago laminate floor installation, laminate flooring FAQ, what is laminate flooring
You’ve most likely heard a lot about laminate flooring, but you may not know exactly what laminate is.
Laminate flooring is a multi-layered flooring made out of synthetic plastics. It is often made to imitate wood or stone flooring. Generally, laminate flooring can have five layers.
- The top layer is a transparent, protective layer that will help reduce and withstand natural wear
- Next is the decorative layer, which can give the appearance of wood, stone, or whatever you would like.
- The inner core, generally fiberboard, provides stability and durability.
- Another layer of melamine resin can provide extra support as well as resistance to moisture.
- At the bottom of it all is underlayment, which helps to reduce noise, soften impact, and lessen imperfections in the floor.
Laminate flooring is a great, affordable choice for your home. Call us today for a free price quote.