You can choose from several different types of stone for your natural stone tile floors. All have different pro and cons and will give a different feel to the room.
- Granite: Granite is a durable choice and is especially good as a countertop material. Its hardness and shine can be great benefits if that’s what you’re looking for in a flooring material.
- Marble: Marble is a beautiful and classic stone choice for your home. Be careful, though, because marble is porous and thus will absorb water. It may also be easily scratched.
- Slate: Slate comes in a bunch of different natural colors. It’s waterproof, and the tiles can be textured, though they may also chip easily.
- Travertine: Travertine is from the limestone family, and comes in gentle beiges. It’s also more easily stained than marble or granite.
- Limestone: Limestone is a beautiful, earthy stone. Be aware that it is soft and easily damaged, so it wouldn’t be the best choice for high-traffic areas.
Call ElmWood Flooring today to talk about your options.