- By Admin
- In Chicago Hardwood Flooring, Wood Floors
- Tags chicago deck construction, chicago deck options, deck and porch materials, what lumber is best for decks, what wood is best for decks
When it comes to adding a deck on to your house, it’s important to choose the right kind of wood. You want a material that will be strong, water-resistant, and aesthetically pleasing. Below we discuss some great options for your new deck.
- Cedar: This wood is rot resistant and doesn’t absorb moisture the way other wood does, so it’s a popular choice for outdoor construction. It also has a great natural look.
- Redwood: Redwood also resists rot, and as it ages it becomes gray.
- Pressure-treated lumber: This popular green-tinted wood is treated to resist decay, bugs, and fungus.